Welcome to the Department of State's Online Notary Public Application System. This tool allows Pennsylvania notaries public and prospective notaries public to apply for and renew their notary commissions in an efficient paperless process.
The Online Notary Public Application System requires the same information currently required as part of the paper application. However, if you are unable to enter or upload all the required information in one session, your online application data will not be saved. Therefore, please ensure that you have all the following information and documentation listed below before using the Online Notary Public Application System:
- Current or most recent commission expiration date and/or commission ID number (if applying for reappointment).
- An email address at which you will receive testing (if required) and appointment information.
- Proof of mandatory notary education.
- Criminal history documentation and explanation (if required).
- Notary public disciplinary documentation and explanation (if required).
- Other professional/occupational license disciplinary documentation and explanation (if required).
Civil liability in legal proceeding for actions as notary public and explanation (if required).
NOTE: Documents for upload must be in .DOC, .DOCX, .JPG, .JPEG, .PDF, .RTF, .TIF or .TIFF format.
Becoming a Notary Public
To continue to the online application, we need to know if you are applying to become a notary public for the first time (New Appointment) or if you are already a notary public or have ever been a notary public in Pennsylvania before and are applying for a reappointment. Please select the appropriate button below.